The KMAT Karnataka 2023 exam date is scheduled for September 2023. Aspiring candidates can apply for the exam through the online registration process, which began on June 30, 2023, and will continue until August 31, 2023. To appear for the exam, candidates must download the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test KMAT 2023 Admit Card, which will be available online. The exam pattern consists of 120 multiple-choice questions divided into sections, and the test is home-based and conducted online, lasting for 2 hours. The results of the KMAT Karnataka 2023 exam are expected to be declared in October 2023. This state-level entrance examination, conducted by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA), serves as a gateway for admission to various AICTE-approved MBA, PGDM, and MCA programs in Karnataka.
Table of Contents
- KMAT Karnataka Exam 2023
- KMAT 2023 Exam Dates & Schedule
- KMAT 2023 Exam: Summery
- KMAT 2023 Application Process
- KMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- KMAT Syllabus
- KMAT 2023 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
- KMAT 2023 Admission Process
- KMAT 2023 Result Announcement
- KMAT 2023 Admit Card
- List of KMAT 2023 Exam Centres
- KMAT 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
- FAQs- KMAT Karnataka 2023 Exam
KMAT Karnataka Exam 2023
KMAT Karnataka 2023 is a significant state-level entrance exam conducted by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). It serves as a gateway for admission into various AICTE approved MBA, PGDMA, and MCA programs in institutes across the state of Karnataka. The exam offers opportunities to candidates from all parts of India and abroad, making it an All India exam held in multiple cities, including Bangalore and Karnataka. KMAT 2023 is recognized by MBA/MCA colleges in Bangalore and the rest of Karnataka as an admission criterion for both All India Candidates and Karnataka Domicile candidates for their flagship management programs.
kmat karnataka 2023 Registration Last date and Schedule:
KMAT Karnataka 2023 registrations started on June 30, 2023. Candidates can apply for the KMAT 2023 exam online by filling out the online KMAT application form. The last date to fill the KMAT application form 2023 is August 31, 2023. KMAT 2023 is scheduled to be conducted in September 2023.
KMAT 2023 Exam: Summery
|Exam name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)|
|Conducting body||Karnataka Post Graduate Private Colleges’ Association (KPPGCA)|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Home-based Online Remote Proctored Test|
|Test timings||MCA: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM MBA: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Syllabus||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning|
|Exam pattern||120 MCQs (No negative marking)|
|Application fees||INR 800 (excluding GST)|
|No. of seats||Approximately 15,000 seats in Karnataka through the KMAT exam|
|Courses offered||MBA, PGDM, MCA|
|No. of test cities||13 (This year the exam will likely be conducted in the home-based proctored mode)|
|Exam date||September 2023|
KMAT Karnataka 2023 Application Process/ Registration Process:
- Visit the official website of KMAT Karnataka: http://www.kmatindia.com/.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button and provide necessary details such as name, date of birth, email, phone number, and country to create an account.
- An OTP will be sent on registered mobile number for verification.
- Receive your application number and password via SMS and email.
Login and Fill Application:
- Log in to the KMAT portal using your application number and password.
- Fill in your personal details, academic information, and select your preferred course (MBA/PGDM or MCA).
- Choose the appropriate category, either MBA or MCA, based on your eligibility.
- Specify the stream/discipline of your graduation degree if you are applying for both MBA and MCA.
Upload scanned copies of your academic mark sheets, birth proof, address proof, caste category certificate (if applicable), and recent passport-size photograph.
Remember that the uploaded documents are clear and legible.
Payment of Application Fee:
Pay the application fee online through debit card, credit card, internet banking, or UPI.
The application fee for KMAT 2023 is INR 800 (excluding GST).
On completion of payment process, obtain the transaction/reference number.
Review and Submit:
Double-check all the information you’ve provided in the application form.
Make sure that all the details are accurate before submitting the form.
After successfully submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation page.
Download and print the confirmation page for your records and future reference.
The KMAT Karnataka 2023 application process is entirely online, and candidates must follow the specified instructions and guidelines while filling out the application form. Keep in mind the last date to fill the KMAT application form 2023 is August 31, 2023.
KMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for MBA/PGDM Course:
- Qualification: Candidates must be bachelor’s degree holders in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in their final examination in 2023 are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Applying candidates must have scored at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course:
- Qualification: Candidates must be bachelor’s degree holders in the required discipline from any recognized university.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final semester examination are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates should have Mathematics as a mandatory subject in the qualifying examination.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination to be eligible.
General Eligibility Criteria for Both Courses:
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for KMAT 2023; however, candidates must be at least 21 years old at the time of admission.
- Nationality: Candidates applying for the exam must be citizens of India.
- Domicile: Candidates from any part of the country are eligible to apply for the KMAT exam, regardless of their locality status or residential address.
Additionally, candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply if they present their graduation certificate as identification
KMAT Karnataka Syllabus
|Section 1: Quantitative Aptitude||Section 2: English Language Usage and Reading Comprehension||Section 3: Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning|
|Percentage||Grammar||Table, Bar, Pie, Line graphs, etc.|
|Time and Work||Vocabulary||Blood Relations|
|Pie Chart||Critical Reasoning||Direction Sense|
|Profit and Loss||Para Jumbles||Puzzles|
|Number System||Word Meaning||Arrangements|
|Bar Graph||Fill in the Blanks||Data Structures|
|Time-Speed-Distance||Antonym and Synonym||Series|
|Basic Arithmetic||Reading Comprehension||Clocks and Calendars|
KMAT Karnataka 2023 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme:
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-Paper Based Test/Internet-Based Test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Sections||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
|Sectional Timing||No Sectional Timing|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Answer Choices||4|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every correct answer|
|No Negative Marking|
Section-wise KMAT Exam Pattern 2023:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Suggested Time (in minutes)|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||40||30|
KMAT 2023 Marking Scheme:
- +1 mark for every correct answer
- No negative marking for incorrect answers
- No marks awarded or deducted for unanswered questions
KMAT 2023 Admission Process
The KMAT 2023 admission process involves the following steps:
- Registration: Interested candidates need to register for KMAT 2023 by visiting the official website. The registration process involves providing basic personal details to create login credentials for KMAT Kerala.
- Application Form: After completing the registration, candidates need to fill out the KMAT application form online. This form includes personal details, academic information, and contact details. Applicants should ensure that they have all the necessary documents and information ready before proceeding with the application process.
- Application Submission: Once the KMAT application form 2023 is filled and the fee is paid, candidates need to submit the application form online on the official website.
- Admit Card: After the successful submission of the application, candidates can download the KMAT admit card from the official website. The admit card contains important details about the exam date, time, and venue.
- Exam: KMAT Exam 2023 is conducted in online mode. It consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from various sections such as English Language and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- Result: The KMAT 2023 resultwill be declared on the official website. Candidates can check their scores and ranks online.
KMAT 2023 Result Announcement
The results for KMAT 2023 are expected to be declared in October 2023. Candidates who have appeared for the exam will be able to access their scorecards online by logging in with their credentials. The KMAT result 2023 will be announced for both courses. To download the KMAT result 2023, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of KMAT India.
- On the homepage, click on the ‘KMAT 2023 Results’ button.
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on ‘Login’ and download your KMAT scorecard.
KMAT 2023 Admit Card
The KMAT 2023 admit card will be available for download on the official website. It is a mandatory document that candidates must carry with them during the exam. Once the admit card is released, candidates should download it and save it on their desktop. The KMAT admit card 2023 will contain important information such as the exam slot and login time. Here’s how you can download the KMAT 2023 admit card:
- Log on to the KMAT website: kmatindia.com.
- Visit the application tab and click on the ‘login’ tab.
- Enter your KMAT 2023 application number and password.
- Go to the ‘admit card’ section.
- Click on ‘download’ to obtain your admit card.
List of KMAT 2023 Exam Centres:
|1||Bangalore||Indian Academy School of Management Studies||Hennur Cross, Hennur main road, Kalyan Nagar, near Kalyan Nagar bus depot, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043|
|2||Mangalore||A.J. Institute of Management||KottaraChowki, Opposite Mahindra Showroom Mangaluru, Karnataka 575006|
|3||Mysore||PoojaBhagavat Memorial Mahajana PG Centre||K.R.S. Main road, Metagalli post, opposite State Bank, (Near J.K.Tyres) Metagalli, Mysuru, Karnataka 570016|
|4||Davanagere||Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology||PB NO 311 Lake View campus, S.S.Layout, Davanagere – 577004|
|5||Gulbarga||Sharnbasveshwar College of Commerce||S.B.College campus Kalaburgi -585103|
|6||Hubli||K.L.E. Society’s Institute of Management Studies and Research||BVB Campus, Vidya Nagar, Hubballi, Karnataka 580031|
|7||Shimoga||PES Institute of Technology and Management||PES Campus, NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga -577204 Karnataka|
|8||Bijapur||BLDE Association’s A.S Patil College of Commerce||New campus, B.M. Patil Road, Vijaypura-586103|
|9||Belgaum||Bharatesh Education Trust’s Global Business School||BC-188, Near Fort, Old P.B. Road Belgaum-590016|
|10||Bellary||AllumKaribasappa Institute of Management||V.S.College Campus, Airport Road, Cantonment, Bellary-583104, Karnataka|
Exam Day Guidelines for KMAT 2023:
- Admit Card and ID Proof: On the day of the exam, candidates must carry their KMAT admit card along with a valid photo ID proof (original and photocopy) for verification purposes. Acceptable ID proofs include Employee ID, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Passport, Pan Card, Voter ID, or previous college ID. It’s important to have both printed versions of the admit card and the ID proof, as soft copies are not considered valid.
- Exam Centre Arrival: Candidates should reach the exam centre at least an hour before the scheduled exam start time. If a candidate is new to the city or the exam centre’s area, it’s advisable to visit the centre a day before the exam to avoid any last-minute confusion.
- Stationery: Allowed stationery items during the exam include a black or blue ballpoint pen, HB pencil, eraser, and sharpener. Candidates are advised to keep their KMAT admit card and ID proof with them. A blank sheet of paper for rough work can be used after showing it to the invigilator.
- Follow Instructions: It’s important to carefully listen to and follow the instructions provided by the invigilator both before and during the exam. Candidates should also read the instructions on the question paper carefully before starting to attempt the questions.
- Rest and Calmness: To maintain focus and composure during the exam, candidates should rest their minds and avoid studying new topics on the morning of the exam. It’s recommended to get a good night’s sleep to wake up fresh and alert on the exam day. Staying calm and composed is essential, as the KMAT exam is speed-based.
- Avoid Electronic Devices: Electronic devices such as calculators, mobile phones, watches, microphones, etc., are strictly prohibited during the exam. Any candidate found using such devices may be barred from taking the exam.
- Time Management: Candidates should manage their time effectively during the exam. It’s recommended not to spend excessive time on one question. If a question is difficult or time-consuming, it’s better to move on to the next question and come back later if time permits.
- Malpractices: Candidates must refrain from engaging in any form of malpractice. Any violation of exam rules and guidelines can lead to serious consequences, including disqualification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Is the KMAT Examination Fee refundable?
A: No, Exam fee is non-refundable unless paid twice for the same course.
Q2: What is KMAT Karnataka?
A: KMAT Karnataka is a standardized all India level management entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) for admission to AICTE approved MBA, PGDM, and MCA programs in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka institutes.
Q3: What are the benefits of KMAT 2023?
A: KMAT 2023 serves as a gateway to MBA in Karnataka and Bangalore, offering admission opportunities in various institutions.
Q4: Which B-schools accept KMAT 2023 scores?
A: More than 169 AICTE-approved B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka, including institutions like AIMS, Alliance University, IFIM Business School, etc., accept KMAT 2023 scores.
Q5: Who is eligible for KMAT 2023 Exam?
A: Graduates meeting UGC guidelines are eligible for KMAT 2023, with specific entry requirements for MBA/PGDM/MCA courses in Karnataka.
Q6: How can I apply for KMAT 2023?
A: Registration for KMAT 2023 opens in May, and the application process is completed online on the official KMAT website.
Q7: What is the mode of KMAT 2023 Test?
A: KMAT 2023 is a Home Based Online Remote Proctored Test.
Q8: What is the nature of KMAT 2023 exam?
A: KMAT 2023 is a Home Based Online Remote Proctored Test with 120 MCQs divided into 4 sections.
Q9: What is the scoring pattern in KMAT 2023?
A: Correct answers in KMAT 2023 are awarded +1 mark, with no negative marking.
Q10: Whom should I contact for KMAT 2023 related queries?
A: For any issues with KMAT 2023, you can contact the KMAT helpline at +91 9513270139 / +91 9513271046 or email email@example.com.