The SSC JE 2023 Vacancy Notification has been released, announcing the commencement of the SSC JE Exam. This exam is conducted annually by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to hire qualified individuals for the position of Junior Engineers in various Ministries, Departments, and Organizations of the Government of India. The available posts are in the Group B category (Non-Gazetted) and fall under Level-6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of the 7th Central Pay Commission’s pay matrix.
This examination provides candidates with a wonderful opportunity to fulfill their aspirations of working in the esteemed Government Sector. Notably, there has been a slight modification in the SSC JE Exam Pattern, with both paper 1 and paper 2 now being Computer Based Examinations. The official notification was published on July 26, 2023, and can be accessed at www.ssc.nic.in.
Announcement: SSC JE 2023 Vacancy Notification Released
Great news! The official notification for the SSC JE 2023 Exam is now available. This notification pertains to the Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination-2023. On 26th July 2023, the SSC announced a total of 1324 vacancies for Junior Engineer positions. If you’re interested in applying for the SSC JE 2023 Exam, we’ve included a direct link below to download the SSC JE Notification PDF.
Table Of Contents[hide]
- SSC JE 2023 Exam: Summery
- SSC JE 2023 Important Dates
- SSC JE Vacancy 2023
- SSC JE 2023 Online Application
- SSC JE 2023 Application Fee Details
- Steps to Apply for SSC JE 2023 Exam
- SSC JE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- SSC JE Educational Qualification
- Age Limit for SSC JE 2023 Exam
- SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern
- SSC JE 2023 Syllabus
- Selection Processfor SSC JE Exam
- SSC JE Admit Card 2023
- SSC JE 2023 Result
- SSC JE 2023 Cut Off
SSC JE 2023 Exam: Summery
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently published the official notification for the SSC JE Exam 2023. This notification contains all the essential information regarding the upcoming recruitment drive. To provide a quick overview of the SSC JE Recruitment 2023, we have presented a concise summary in the table below.
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||SSC JE 2023|
|Online Registration Dates||26th July to 16th August 2023|
|Selection Process||Paper 1 and Paper 2 (CBT), Document Verification|
|Job Location||Delhi NCR|
SSC JE 2023 Important Dates
Important dates for the SSC JE 2023 exam have been released. The registration and exam dates are now available in the official notification PDF. The Tier 1 exam for SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contract) will take place on October 9th, 10th, and 11th, 2023. Here are all the significant dates for the SSC JE 2023 exam.
Important Dates for SSC JE 2023:
- The notification for SSC JE 2023 was released on July 26, 2023.
- The application form for SSC JE 2023 started on July 26, 2023.
- The last day to apply and pay the fee is August 16, 2023, at 11 pm.
- The window for application form correction and online payment of correction charges is open from August 17 to August 18, 2023.
- The admit card for SSC Tier-I exam 2023 will be available in September 2023.
- The SSC JE Tier 1 exam will take place from October 9 to October 11, 2023.
Here is the information you requested in table format:
|Application Form Release Date||26th July 2023|
|JE 2023 Application Form submission last date||16th August 2023|
|Last date and time for receipt of applications||—-|
|Deadline to submit Online Fee||—–|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||—-|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||—–|
|Admit Card Release date (Paper-I)||——|
|SSC JE 2023 Exam Date (Paper-I)||October 2023|
|Result for Examination||To be notified later|
|Admit Card date Release (Paper-II)||To be notified later|
|JE 2023 Exam Date (Paper-II)||To be notified later|
|The final date for Result Declaration||To be notified later|
SSC JE Vacancy 2023
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the availability of job positions for the SSC JE exam in 2023. A total of 1324 vacancies have been declared for this year. To get a better understanding of the distribution of these vacancies, refer to the table below.
Here is the SSC JE 2019-20 Vacancy in table format:
|Name of Organisation||Field||Total|
|Border Road Organisation (Males)||Civil||431|
|Border Road Organisation (Males)||Electrical & Mechanical||55|
|Central Public Works Department||Civil||421|
|Central Public Works Department||Electrical||124|
|Central Water Commission||Civil||188|
|Central Water Commission||Mechanical||23|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Civil||15|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Mechanical||06|
|Military Engineer Services||Civil||29|
|Military Engineer Services||Electrical & Mechanical||18|
|Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||Civil||07|
|Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||Mechanical||01|
|National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||Civil||04|
|National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||Electrical||01|
|National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||Mechanical||01|
SSC JE 2023 Online Application
The process of applying for the SSC JE 2023 exam has begun after the release of the SSC JE Notification 2023 on July 26, 2023. Candidates who are interested in the Junior Engineer positions can now submit their online registration form for SSC JE 2023. The last date for completing the online registration process is August 16, 2023.
SSC JE 2023 Application Fee Details
To apply for the SSC JE 2023 Exam, candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-. However, there are certain categories of candidates who are exempted from paying this fee. Female candidates, Ex. Servicemen, and candidates belonging to reserved categories do not need to pay the application fee for the SSC JE 2023 Exam.
The application fee can only be paid through online payment modes such as Net-Banking, Credit/Debit cards, BHIM, UPI, etc.
Steps to Apply for SSC JE 2023 Exam
Here are the steps to apply for the SSC JE 2023 Exam:
- Visit the official website of SSC or click on the provided link.
- Open the registration link for SSC JE 2023 in a new window.
- Click on the “New User/Register Now” link.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, and mobile number.
- Verify your details and submit the online registration form. You will receive a Registration ID for the exam.
- Upload your photograph and signature according to the specifications provided by the Staff Selection Commission.
- Photograph: Take a picture against a white or light-colored background. The size should be between 4 kb and 12 kb, with a resolution of 100*120 pixels.
- Signature: Sign on a white sheet with black or blue ink. Scan the signature in jpg format, with a size between 1 kb and 12 kb, and a resolution of 40*60 pixels.
- Log in with your registered ID and password to complete Part-II of the application form.
- Before submitting the form, preview the entire application to check for any errors, as editing is not possible after submission.
- After previewing, click on the “Final Submit” button and pay the application fee online. Accepted payment modes include Net-Banking, Credit/Debit cards, BHIM, UPI, etc.
- It is recommended to download and print copies of the submitted application form for future reference.
SSC JE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the SSC JE 2023 exam, candidates must meet certain requirements regarding their education and age. These criteria have been outlined in the SSC JE notification PDF. In order to be eligible for the exam, candidates must satisfy the minimum educational qualification and age limit, which are explained in detail below.
SSC JE Educational Qualification
|Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD||B.Tech. / B.E. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical), CPWD||B.Tech. / B.E. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University|
|JE (Civil), Department of Posts||B.Tech. / B.E. / 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical), Department of Posts||B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University|
|SSC Junior Engineer (Civil), MES||B.Tech/ B.E. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute/University and at least 2 years of work experience in Civil Engineering works|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical), MES||B.Tech./B.E. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute/University and 2 years work experience in Electrical or Mechanical engineering works|
|Junior Engineer (QS&C), MES||B.Tech. / B.E. / 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute OR Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India)|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), Central Water Commission||B.Tech. / B.E. / Diploma in Mechanical/Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute|
Age Limit for SSC JE 2023 Exam
Here’s the age limit information in table format:
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical)||Not beyond 32 years|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical)||Not beyond 32 years|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical)||Between 18 to 27 years|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical)||Between 18 to 27 years|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Surveying and Contract)||Between 18 to 27 years|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical)||Not beyond 30 years|
Age Relaxation for SSC JE 2023 exam
Here is the table format for the Age Relaxation for SSC JE 2023 exam:
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities|
|with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and|
|released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)|
|General/ OBC||3 years|
|SC/ ST||8 years|
Please note that the table provided is based on the information given and may be subject to change. It is always recommended to refer to the official SSC JE 2023 exam notification for up-to-date information.
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for SSC JE 2023 consists of two papers. Paper 1 is worth 200 marks, while Paper 2 is worth 300 marks. Both papers are in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). If a candidate answers a question incorrectly, 0.25 marks will be deducted from their score for each wrong attempt in both papers. Additionally, there is a negative marking system where 1/3rd of the marks assigned to a question will be deducted for each wrong answer in Paper 1 and Paper 2.
|Phases||Paper-I & Paper-II|
|Mode||Paper-I: Online mode|
|Paper-II: Offline mode|
|Marks||Paper-I: 200 marks|
|Paper-II: 300 marks|
|Duration||2 hours for both papers|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks deducted for every wrong answer|
SSC JE 2023 Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus for 2023 will be divided into two stages:
Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
- Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
- Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
- Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
- Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Details of SSC JE Syllabus Paper-1:
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- This section covers various topics such as analogies, similarities, differences, spatial visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, abstract ideas and symbols, arithmetical computations, and other analytical functions.
- The General Awareness section includes questions related to history, culture, geography, economic scene, general polity, and scientific research.
In this section, there are three parts: Part A – Civil Engineering, Part B – Electrical Engineering, and Part C – Mechanical Engineering.
- Part A – Civil Engineering covers topics such as building materials, estimating, costing and valuation, surveying, soil mechanics, hydraulics, irrigation engineering, transportation engineering, and environmental engineering. It also includes structural engineering topics like the theory of structures, concrete technology, RCC design, and steel design.
- Part B – Electrical Engineering includes basic concepts, circuit law, magnetic circuit, AC fundamentals, measurement and measuring instruments, electrical machines, fractional kilowatt motors, single-phase induction motors, synchronous machines, generation, transmission and distribution, estimation and costing, utilization and electrical energy, and basic electronics.
- Part C – Mechanical Engineering covers topics like the theory of machines and machine design, engineering mechanics and strength of materials, properties of pure substances, the first and second laws of thermodynamics, air standard cycles for IC engines, IC engine performance, IC engine combustion, IC engine cooling and lubrication, Rankine cycle of system, boilers, classification, specification, fittings and accessories, air compressors and their cycles, refrigeration cycles, principles of refrigeration plants, nozzles and steam turbines, properties and classification of fluids, fluid statics, measurement of fluid pressure, fluid kinematics, dynamics of ideal fluids, measurement of flow rate, basic principles, hydraulic turbines, centrifugal pumps, and classification of steel.
Details of SSC JE Syllabus Paper 2:
|Mechanical Engineering Topics|
|Theory of Machines and Machine Design||Fitting & Accessories|
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Air Compressors & their cycles|
|Properties of Pure Substances||Refrigeration cycles|
|1st Law of Thermodynamics||The principle of the Refrigeration Plant|
|2nd Law of Thermodynamics||Nozzles & Steam Turbines|
|IC Engines Combustion||Properties & Classification of Fluids|
|Air standard Cycles for IC Engines||Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure|
|IC Engine Performance||Fluid kinematics|
|IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication||Dynamics of Ideal fluids|
|Rankine cycle of System||Measurement of Flow Rate|
|Classification of steels||–|
|Circuit law||Transmission and Distribution|
|Magnetic Circuit||Estimation and Costing|
|AC Fundamentals||Utilization and Electrical Energy|
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments||Basic Electronics|
|Electrical Machines||Fractional Kilowatt Motors|
|Synchronous Machines||Single-phase Induction Motors|
|Civil Engineering Subjects|
|Estimating, Costing, and Valuation||Irrigation Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics||Environmental Engineering|
|Theory of Structures||Concrete Technology|
|RCC Design||Steel Design|
Selection Process for SSC JE Exam:
The initial stage involves a written examination, known as Paper I, which is conducted online and consists of 200 marks. The second stage involves another written examination, called Paper II, which is a conventional type and carries 300 marks. This exam is conducted offline.
There is no interview round in the selection process. Candidates are chosen based on their performance in these two papers. In the event of a tie, the following methods will be used to determine the final selection:
- Marks obtained in Paper II
- Marks obtained in Paper I
- Seniority based on the date of birth
- Alphabetical order of the candidates’ first names.
SSC JE Admit Card 2023
The SSC JE 2023 Admit Card is now available for download in October 2023. Instead of sending it by post, the exam conducting authority requires candidates to download the Admit Cardonline. Simply visit the regional SSC website to download your Admit Card. Remember to bring the Admit Cardwith you when you go to the examination center.
SSC JE 2023 Result
The result for SSC JE 2023 will be announced by the SSC after the completion of the Tier-I exam. To view the result and cut-off marks for all tiers, candidates can simply click on the provided links.
SSC JE 2023 Cut Off
The term “cut off” refers to the minimum marks needed to pass an exam. To successfully clear the SSC JE 2023 exam, candidates must achieve a score that is equal to or higher than the specified cut off marks.
The SSC JE 2023 Cut Off marks will be announced by the SSC after declaring the results for each phase of the exam. The Cut Off marks will be released separately for Tier-I and Tier-II.